Otahuhu Engineering is experienced in the design of specialised machinery and plant, and have extensive experience in:
- Full 2D and 3D CAD drawing capabilities
- 3D prototype to full production
- Specialised machinery for a wide variety of industries
- Machine and structural platforms in association with Chartered Professional Engineers
- Re-engineering existing equipment to improve component and machinery life
- Workshop drawings
Whether the job is small or the most difficult problem to solve, Otahuhu Engineering’s skilled team is capable of providing high quality, cost effective design solutions to achieve successful outcomes.
From our comprehensive workshop based in South Auckland, we have the ability to manufacture a wide variety of equipment to our customer’s ever stringent requirements. Our manufacturing capabilities include:
- Full machine shop including large capacity lathes, horizontal boring, milling and grinding
- CNC milling up to 1.5m x 0.5m x 0.7m high
- CNC turning
- Full fabrication facilities in steel, S/S, aluminium, and alloys
- Welding to AS/NZ 2980
- Welding on or off site in Mig, Tig and Arc
When the job becomes too large or difficult to bring to the workshop our Portable Machining Service bring the workshop to the job. This eliminates transport and dismantling, minimises cost, and leads to shorter downtime of the machinery. With specialised onsite machinery we can offer the following services:
- Portable line boring
This service provides machining of pivot holes up to 1m diameter on any machinery. We have specialised tools for bore welding holes back to the original size, facing, and circlip groove machining. This service is backed up by our workshop for manufacturing hardened pins and bushes.
- Portable Milling
Our Portable Milling Machines allow us to accurately machine flat surfaces on an unlimited scope of machinery on any site. With alignment using our optical equipment we can machine surfaces to very close tolerances.
- Portable Magnetic Milling Machine
- Flange Facing
- Shaft turning
- Large drilling and tapping onsite
With our experience in Onsite Machining we can design and manufacture any portable machine to make the impossible possible. Call us to discuss your particular problem.
Maintenance & Repairs
Our workshop specialises in scheduled maintenance and repairs to all types of structural, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- 24 hour emergency call out
- Scheduled machine maintenance contracts
- Specialists in repair and re-engineering of machine parts
- Certified structural repairs
- Onsite machining including Portable Line Boring, Portable Milling, Flange Facing
- Back up of our comprehensive workshop